Pitch Prep Program (June) *2 Spots Left!
"This is an awesome pitch program. Truly." - Michael Hager
The first step in our Career Writer Program is the Pitch Prep Program, where writers hone their written & verbal pitch, mold their brand, and get prepared to properly market their material!
So you're finally getting the hang of this writing thing - it's all starting to come together. But when it comes time to pitch it, your amazing story is not coming through - or worse, you freeze up and have no idea what to say - and you can't figure out why. Roadmap understands your frustration, which is why we've put together a Pitch Prep Program that revolves all around pitching and how to master your pitch!
Train with the Roadmap Team and working industry executives to refine your pitch and figure out what's breaking down in translation and how to build it up!
In this One-Month Program, You Will:
- Learn how to structure your pitch
- Learn the importance of tone and voice in your pitch
- Practice with professionals who can help you identify where your pitch is weakest - and strongest
- Gain confidence for the hot seat!
**Limited to 8 Writers!**
- Pitch Prep Webinar with Chris Deckard, Manager @ Fictional Entity - Weds 6/6 @ 6:30pm PT
- Chris will walk you through:
- The general structure of a pitch
- The different forms of pitching
- How to handle different exec personalities during a verbal pitch
- And you'll hear an example verbal pitch to get you off on the right foot!
- 2-Week Written Pitch Clinic with Dorian Connelley, Roadmap's COO - Sun 6/10 & Sun 6/17 @ 6:00pm PT
- Learn the basics of pitching and compose your watertight written pitch, which you will use to craft your verbal pitch.
- This is one of our most popular Clinics with consistent results!
- 2-Week Branding Clinic with Briana Hansen, Roadmap's Director of Writer Outreach - Sun 6/24 & Sun 7/1 @ 2:00pm PT
- Hone in on what you, as a writer, deliver.
- Learn to see beyond genre and better understand how your own perspective seeps into every script you write and capitalize on that.
- Create an exciting and quickly digestible personal logline to better pitch yourself – and your scripts – to executives.
- Written Pitch Consultation with Briana Hansen, Roadmap's Director of Writer Outreach, or Alex Davies, Roadmap’s Director of Education
- Get a second pair of eyes on your brand new written pitch!
- Briana or Alex will review your written pitch and do a 10-15 min. call with you to further discuss strengths and areas of improvement.
- Verbal Pitch Prep Session with Brandon Combs, Roadmap's Creative Director - Tues 6/19 @ 5:00pm PT
- Brandon will go over the art of delivering your verbal pitch.
- How to pitch conversationally (without reading!)
- How to efficiently incorporate all of the necessary elements of a pitch (tone, characters, plot)
- How to make your pitch relatable and universal.
- Deliver your verbal pitch to Brandon for practice and notes!
- 2x Pitch Roundtables with Industry Executives - Weds 6/20 @ 6:00pm PT with Manager/Producer Marilyn Atlas & Thurs 6/28 @ 6:00pm PT w/ Evan Schmitt (Balance Pictures)
- You'll take turns delivering your verbal pitch in a Roundtable setting and receive feedback from the exec on strengths and areas of improvement specific to your verbal pitch.
- Learn from notes on your own pitch and from notes given to your peers!
- PLUS: All 4x Sunday Webinars, Combs' Corner & Peer-to-Peer Mondays!
If you're ready to hit the ground running and start getting your work out there in the most professional way possible, this Program is not to be missed!!